Sunday, November 29, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

We had Thanksgiving dinner at our home this year. Just our little family. We ordered a smoked turkey and made all the rest ourselves. We had turkey(of course), mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, corn on the cob, deviled eggs, cream cheese filled celery, stuffing, cranberry, mac and cheese, banana pudding, pecan pie...I think thats it.

Yes my daughters do not have shirts on...therefore no chance of stains. And yes we did choose to use paper plates and plastic cups...therefore less to clean, after all it was just us!
Friday I attended Black Friday shopping!!! I was at WalMart at 4:30AM! I picked up a basket at the front door and made it half way thru the store and realized I need to ditch the basket! It was way to crowded! I found what I was there for(I would tell you but they are presents) wrapped on a pallet surrounded by a crowd! So I joined the crowd for the wait. At 5 o'clock they announced it was time to shop! I got what I needed off the pallet and moved on for other great buys! As I was headed for the checkout a lady(carrying two 3 ft tall baby dolls) stopped me to ask where I had found something she saw in my basket. I advised her where I got them and told her I thought they were all gone. Now, this lady put down her two baby dolls and took off. I stood there for a minute trying to decide why she put the dolls down. I looked at them...one was blonde, the other red head. PERFECT!!! I didn't see her anywhere so...you guess it...I put the dolls in my basket and proceded to the checkout! All the while thinking I said no more baby dolls! BUT we dont have any 3 foot tall baby dolls so I figured, Why not? WalMart was all I tackled but Black Friday shopping was definatly an experience.
Saturday we went to Bentonville to see my family. My Granddad took us to the Walton Museaum. It was nice but would have been better had we not had the lil ones. It was so good to see all my aunts, uncles and cousins. And the girls had a great time on the piano!

Hope you had a wonderful holiday weekend as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment