Wednesday, December 15, 2010

I just got home from taking the girls to the ENT. Well Baby girl had a a followup appointment and Lil Bit tagged along. After a little kicking and a lot of crying Dr. N saw Baby girls ears looked great! While we were there Dr. N says "Wow Momma! is your neck always that big?" And the rest of the conversation goes like this... Me: well today it does seem a little swollen but I just had a radiation treatment about 6 weeks ago for hyperthyroid. Dr. N: Ooohh! And how long have you had that? Me: About 9-10 years. Dr. N: And they are just now doing something about it? Me: For a couple of years I was prescribed PTU but for the last 3 years I have taken nothing. Dr. N: Hhmm So how have you been feeling? Me: Most days, ok. But then there are days that I am very tired. Dr. N: I hope all goes well for you. We have a family friend that is in her early 20's and she had this as well. She was a college student attending on scholarship. She gained a lot of weight and then lost some weight and then she gained some more weight. She was so tired and weak that she started missing classes. Her hormone levels were like a rollercoaster, up and down and all over the place. She ended up losing her scholarship over this. It has now been about 3 years and she is finally leveling out. Me: O wow! Well I'm glad she is finally feeling better. I hope to not go thru all that. I go to the doctor next week to get my levels checked so i guess we'll see. During this conversation Baby girl has gotten out of my lap and Little Bit was now sitting with me. So I ask if he had a minute could he check her right ear. She has been saying it was bothering her. So he kindly looked for us. Little Bit is very good at the ENT. You see she has practically been raised with people looking in her ears for either infections, followups, hearing test, or check ups. This time was no different. She was very good. Dr. N said the tube in her right ear was still in place and the ear drum looked good although had considerable scarring. As for her left ear the tube was angled and appeared to still be in tact but he could not see past the tube to the eardrum. He also mentioned she had titanium tubes and had asked when and where she had them put in. I told him she has had them a little over a year and had them put in at Children's. I also asked if he knew of any headway for correcting enlarged vestibular aqueduct. Unfortunately he said no. But I will continue to ask in hopes that one day there is a fix! So the girls got suckers to go and I dropped them off at daycare so they could join class time, lunch and nap. I can't wait to pick them up. Tonight we are going to see Santa or as Baby girl calls him "Sanda". After Santa they have open house at dance class and we have invited my Mom to come watch with us! I LOVE watching my girls dance! I think I will go take a nap now to prepare myseld for tonights events! And I know I haven't mentioned Peanut lately but he is doing fine! He is ready for Christmas. He has been lifting weights in off season football and he is getting so big. AND so handsome! If I had to guess he is probably about 5'6" so that would make him bigger than me!!! Man how time flies. Seems like that kids was just born.

No comments:

Post a Comment