Friday, September 11, 2009

Here We Go Again

Maybe I should have titled this – What I Did on My Day Off! Anyway, Today started with little sleep due to Little Bits coughing. She started coughing around dark last night and could hardly sleep herself because of it. Good thing I had already made her a doctor’s appointment. Sara (Little Bits speech therapist) had said on Wednesday that Little Bit kept saying her ear was hurting. That is something I don’t like to mess with when it comes to her so I had made the appt. We got to the clinic right at 8:15 after a quick trip for donut holes. As we sat in the waiting room Little Bit kept telling me “Hey Mommy! The car is outside”. She really did NOT want to see the doctor! There were about 4 or 5 other patients in the waiting room. An older couple, a kid with what appeared to be a hurt leg, some lady that looked fine, a boy that looked fine, and a man. Then there was Little Bit….hacking, sneezing, whining and wanting to leave! This was the first time I have been to the clinic and felt like people were looking at us like – Oh my gosh, what does she have! Stay away from us! Which is probably how I usually appear to be looking at them, just not this time! The nurse called her back to be weighed and she would not let me put her down. So the nurse suggested we weigh together (which was 142 lbs if you were wondering) and then I weigh separately. Together weighing was fine but then there was still the need to put Little Bit down so I could weigh alone. The nurse pulled her off me kicking and screaming as I hurriedly jumped on the scale to weigh by myself. So weighing was done and we were directed to a room. Little Bit had no fever, so that was good. As we sat and waited in the room, Little Bit kept reminding me that the car was outside and she was ready to go. When the doctor came in he checked her ears. Little Bit was good for this, I believe because she has been raised having her ears checked and I was holding her! Dr. B said her left ear was good and her right had a little fluid but not enough for antibiotic. Yes, she is snotty and whiny but her breathing sounds good. He wanted to check her throat since her brother was just diagnosed with strep throat on Wednesday. I had to hold her arms and head while the nurse held her legs so Dr. B could look in her throat, all the while her turning red, crying and yelling (with mouth closed) He did get a peek though….enough to say she doesn’t have strep! So we ended up with Robitussin with codeine. Little Bit got to pick out a Princess sticker and out to the car we went and she was happy as could be. I spent the afternoon cleaning house….did the dishes, swept the floors, cleaned the bathroom, cleaned the grout in the bathroom tile, washed a load of clothes, balanced the checkbook, paid some bills and then time ran out!!! I had a hair appt for 3 and needed to go to Walmart for groceries before the kids got home. So that I did (with Baby J). By 5:00 I was finished at the salon and headed to pick up the girls at daycare with my new short blonde hair. We got home in time to eat some McDonalds and get ready for the high school football game at 7. Peanut and I went to the game to watch my brother at halftime in the band. We got home from the game around 9:15 to help daddy put the girls to bed. To bed we thought…but…they wanted a snack so we ate some grapes or gaps as Baby Girl calls them. Then we were all off to bed! WHEW! What a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment